AOPEER Principles of Clinical Research
December 7-8, 2019
The goal of this course is to introduce the principles of clinical research, including skills and knowledge on why and how to do research, how to build a good research environment, and where to find additional resources, tools, and reference packages to support a research project.
This course is targeted at individuals who want to learn or improve the skills for conducting clinical research and publishing results and also at those with a general interest in research and documentation of clinical cases.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of doing research and the link to evidence-based medicine.
- Apply the basic principles of literature search and critical appraisal.
- Follow GCP guidelines and adhere to ethical requirements, eg, informed consent.
- Identify a clinical problem, formulate a clinical research question, and select the study design.
- Collaborate with a statistician to perform sample size calculation and basic statistical analyses.
- Describe the principles of medical writing.
- Utilize available research environment, resources, and tools.
Participants will learn about the importance of research and evidence-based medicine (EBM), the relevant ethical considerations and guidelines for Good Clinical Practice (GCP) with a focus on the formulation of a clinical research question.
In addition to practicing some of the skills related to critical literature review, this course offers support in working with a statistician, and navigating the AO Program for Education and Excellence in Research (AOPEER) to help make their research project a success.
For more information, please visit www.aopeer.org. Access is free for all members of an AO Clinical Division.
Please find a first preliminary course program at the bottom of this page.
Pricing, Payment options and information
20% for AO members, AO Alliance and AO employees
10% for any non-for-profit organization and SwAPP members
Credit card payments are preferred
Cancellation will be charged as follows:
50% until 30 days before the event. No refund thereafter.
Participants should make sure they have cancellation insurance.
If you cannot pay via credit card you can request an invoice. Please note that we will charge you a CHF 30 handling fee in addition to the participant fee. Please therefore contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the official invoice address of the paying person or entity as well as a respective email address the invoice has to be sent to.
Please register here.
- Course material
- Coffee breaks
- Business center at course venue