Comprehensive Periprosthetic Fracture Management of the Hip and Knee
December 5-7, 2019
Karl Stoffel, Switzerland
Luigi Zagra, Italy
This 3-day, advanced level course comprises seven modules of multiple topics, including practical exercises with anatomical specimens.
This course aims to maximize patient outcomes following periprosthetic fracture by improving the practicing surgeon's ability to recognize, classify, plan, and perform internal fixation and revision total joint arthroplasty procedures around hip and knee prostheses.
Senior, experienced (more than 5 years) consultant/practicing surgeons:
- General orthopedic surgeons
- Fracture-specialized surgeons
- Arthroplasty-specialized surgeons
- Surgeons experienced with both trauma and arthroplasty
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the challenge of periprosthetic fracture management
- Explain the indications for internal fixation and revision arthroplasty (including intraoperative fractures)
- Apply techniques of internal fixation and revision arthroplasty
- Prevent and treat complications
- Follow up the patient and optimize patient satisfaction
- Analyze treatment failures and recognize possible pitfalls in treatment
This 3-day educational event is delivered through lectures, case-based lectures, small group discussions, and hands-on practical exercises on fixation and revision around the hip and knee. The 7 modules of the course, delivered by faculty experienced in fracture fixation and arthroplasty are:
- General principles
- Revision arthroplasty around the hip
- Revision arthroplasty around the knee
- Fracture fixation with implant retention
- Other periprosthetic fractures
- Patient journey
- Anatomical specimen laboratory
Pricing and payment
Credit card preferred
Invoice payment optional / additional handling fee of 30 CHF
50% of the course fee up to 30 days before the event. No refund thereafter.
Cancellation insurance recommended.
- Course bag
- Welcome cocktail
- Course material
- Coffee breaks
- Business center on-site
EUROPEAN CME ACCREDITATION
An application will be made to the UEMS—EACCME® in Brussels for CME accreditation of this event.